In 1912, the Orchestrelle Company was transformed into a public limited company registered in Britain, and after the Great War it expanded considerably, as this artist's impression shows. By 1920 it had effectively changed its name to Aeolian, in line with the American parent company. This view is from the north side of the railway line, with the train heading away from Paddington and towards the west. The 1909 building is therefore seen from the opposite direction to the previous photo. The artist has failed to represent the stylish Diocletian windows (semi-circular) on the top floor! The four-storey building on the left was the music roll factory, erected in 1910, and the new six-storey building at the rear dated from 1920, and was built to accommodate a huge expansion in the manufacture of pianos. The long low building, at the extreme left, and parallel to the railway, was used for the manufacture of Vocalion records. On the extreme right can be seen the canal dock, which is still there today, and is most easily seen from the little bridge on the north side of the canal. The first drain headers all tell the same story, but this tablet, at the top of the surviving factory building, over the main front doors, clearly confirms that the Orchestrelle Company's Hayes factory was initially completed in 1909. The diamond lozenge in the centre mirrors the design of the main doors below. On the front of factory in 1909 the diamond lozenge is the same that the mother of pearl lozenge that are inserted on the top of portable gramophone.